• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Paula J.

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I loan my now ex-boyfriend $350 over the summer. I gave him two checks, one for $150 and the other for $200. He gave me $20 for me to put in the bank to cover an overdraft. Then we found out I was pregnant so we agreed to go to Memphis to have an abortion because it was cheaper. We agreed that he would take half the money he owes me and apply it to the abortion costs.

I don't know what to do since when I called him today his phone had been disconnected. He called back, using a different number, and is acting clueless about it. He is now saying I was to pay for the entire abortion cost with all the $330 he owes me, which is not what we agreed to. He was also trying to get me to let him apply it toward a trip we were going on in mid-October when we were breaking up last week. And I said no because I never agreed to help pay for the trip and we are no longer together, so why would I pay for a trip I didn't agree to pay for and that I am no longer going on. And then he says I will have to give him to the end of October because he has bills to pay.

I don't know what to do with this situation. $165 is a small amount but this is money I need being that I am a student. Does anybody have any advise on whether I can win if I sue?

~Thanks, Paula

JETX

Paula J. said:
Does anybody have any advise on whether I can win if I sue?
Personally, your 'deals' are so convoluted, I doubt a court would figure out whether a loan existed, and if so, was it paid, and if not, did you amend the obligation with all your other later deals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">