• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Repair Issue - HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobhorger

I took my 1993 Ford Taurus to a mechanic and he replaced the heater core. To do this, he had to take the dashboard off and disconnect the electrical wires and air conditioning lines. For this work, I paid $577 by Mastercard.

On the way home, I noticed the dashboard gauges and air conditioning would not work. When I stopped the car it would not restart. I took it back to the mechanic and he attached the electrical connections and fixed the gauges and starting problems. He put Freon in the AC system but only temporarily solved this problem. In running the car today, I have no air conditioning.

I plan to take the car back but I am concerned he may not want to expend the money and effort necessary to fix the AC – this may require taking the dashboard off again and repairing an AC line which he probably broke.

I know in some circumstances, if you pay by credit card, you can notify them not to pay the vendor if you are not satisfied. Do you think this is an appropriate course of action in this case? Does a Mechanics lien have a bearing? Is there a time limit on my notifying MasterCard? My problem is that I may have to pay someone else at least $577 to correct the damages and I hate to pay the mechanic who caused the damages as well. I also live in the state of Texas.

Please respond to [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">