• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unauthorized drafting from checking account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

penny154

A major Internet provider has been drafting monthly, $26.95 from our checking account for 3 yrs. We had this provider at our previous residence but canceled it when we moved because they had no local access #'s. When I called them about it recently they did not even have our current address or telephone#. They credited our account for two months(representative said that was all he could authorize). The next month, again they drafted $26.95.All of this three years I paid another Internet provider. I feel really stupid that I did not check the statements but my husband was handeling the checking account and he never questioned it. What can I do? I would have to pay alot of money to my bank for back statements and Im not sure if the company will pay us back as they said mail us everything and will check it out. I live in Texas. Are there any bank laws that would cover drafting from checking accounts without proper address and phone #.

I

insanity

Do you have any proof that you cancelled the service? Just because they do not have your current info doesn't mean they are liable. I think the key is if you have proof that you cancelled service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">