• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richm

I entered into contract with a credit union in Arizona for extended warantee coverage on my 1998 auto, about three days after I paid for this service ,I was called and told that the sales man had made a mistake and they would not provide the service for the agreed upon price, they offered a different plan for more money, I refused the alternate offer and they said that as they could not provide the service they would refund my money and did.

In securing this service from another vendor the cost was much higher that from the credit union. Can I sue the credit union for breach? and can I collect the difference in what I was quoted and what I had to pay?

Thank you
R. Meyer

shortbus

If they made an honest error, a court is not likely to find breach. Given that they refunded your money so quickly, this seems likely. No breach = no recovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">