• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to cancel a sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DL1000

What is the name of your state? California

Purchased a laptop for $1400 with the stipulation that if he could produce a purchase receipt (which he did thru email), That I would give him the remaining $100.
When meeting to pick-up the money. He stood me up. I drove for 20 minutes and waited for over an hour. He then called and said to send him the money. He now wants to cancel the sale, give back the money and call it even, because he feels he sold it for too little.
I don't think he could sue me, since he only knows my first name, and tel# (no listed address in Ph book). Nothing else.
I don't want to cancel the sale. I want to keep the laptop.

Q#1 How do I enforce the sale?

Q#2 If I must give back the computer, am I entitled to compensation for my time and expenses ( gas)

Thank you for your advice.

BelizeBreeze

DL1000 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Purchased a laptop for $1400 with the stipulation that if he could produce a purchase receipt (which he did thru email), That I would give him the remaining $100.
When meeting to pick-up the money. He stood me up. I drove for 20 minutes and waited for over an hour. He then called and said to send him the money. He now wants to cancel the sale, give back the money and call it even, because he feels he sold it for too little.
I don't think he could sue me, since he only knows my first name, and tel# (no listed address in Ph book). Nothing else.
I don't want to cancel the sale. I want to keep the laptop.

Q#1 How do I enforce the sale?
Tell him tough cookies.

Q#2 If I must give back the computer, am I entitled to compensation for my time and expenses ( gas)

Thank you for your advice.
You don't have to give the computer back and the answer to the second part is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">