• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims or something else?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trekglo

What is the name of your state?From Maryland, though goods were purchased from Florida and then dealt with a person and headquarters in New York. I bought a diamond ring in March. Had seen the ring on a cruise in Jan in Key West, Florida. Withing 2 months and a few days, noticed a "chip" in the diamond. Contacted the company, who said there was a 30 day policy. Diamond International claimed the period for return, 30 days, past. Offered to re-cut and thus loose actual size of the diamond, or replace with a smaller carat size. REPEATED calls to resolve this over 5 months, it was "settled" that company would replace the diamond with another, same color, cut, clarity, however it would be a bit larger. I should have known then...
Received the replacement ring, and while the original was a pear cut, this new/replacement ring is still technically a pear shape, but imagine that a "bite" has been taken out of the pear. It's noticeable with the naked eye, but looks like a gaping chunk with a jewelers loop. Is this a small claims case? Any recommendations please.

seniorjudge

Trekglo said:
What is the name of your state?From Maryland, though goods were purchased from Florida and then dealt with a person and headquarters in New York. I bought a diamond ring in March. Had seen the ring on a cruise in Jan in Key West, Florida. Withing 2 months and a few days, noticed a "chip" in the diamond. Contacted the company, who said there was a 30 day policy. Diamond International claimed the period for return, 30 days, past. Offered to re-cut and thus loose actual size of the diamond, or replace with a smaller carat size. REPEATED calls to resolve this over 5 months, it was "settled" that company would replace the diamond with another, same color, cut, clarity, however it would be a bit larger. I should have known then...
Received the replacement ring, and while the original was a pear cut, this new/replacement ring is still technically a pear shape, but imagine that a "bite" has been taken out of the pear. It's noticeable with the naked eye, but looks like a gaping chunk with a jewelers loop. Is this a small claims case? Any recommendations please.

Any kind of certificate come with this thing or this just some guy selling cheap stones?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">