• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does My fiance have a case???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briteeyes30

Help!!! Please

What is the name of your state? NY

My fiance works for a large retail chain. In april 2005 he was promoted to Customer Service Manager. In may 2005 another employee higher than him asked him to assist a trucker in backing the semi into the loading dock because he use to be a truck driver.

My fiance tried to assist the driver. At one point when she was to apply the brake she hit the gas and hit him. He fell and landed on his elbow and hit his head and lost consiousnous for a min or two. When he came to he got himself up and stumbled into the building and told them what happend. The driver admitted to them that she hit him.

While they were trying to get her info she left. My fiance co has all the info on her due to she was a outside contracted driver.

Well here is the story. My fiance was seen in the emergency room right after it happend. He had a hairline fracture in his elbow. The hospital didn't do any xray or test on his head. due he seem to be fine.

Well shortly after all that he started sleeping alot if he wasn;t at work he was sleeping and then little headaches started here and there. Well in August things got bad. He started having terrible headaches that would put him in a fetal position and he would cry in pain. The headaches never went away they just dulled a bit. He said it felt like his head was gonna explode there was so much pressure. He blacked out once or twice. He was dizzy alot and sleepy. I ruched him to ER and the ER doc said he had a sinus infection and the abx would relieve the pressure he was feeling and he gave him pain meds.

Well he finished the meds still having all the same symptoms even with the abx and pain meds. I took him to another ER. They did a CT Scan they said it was normal. They gave him demoral and magnesium. Well it didn;t help. Then we went to PCP and she req he have a MRI. Well he had the MRI on Fri Sept 23. While having the MRI he had the bad headache attack well they rushed him to the ER that diag him with the sinus inf. The radiologist read the MRI and found bleeding on the brain.

He was transferred to a hospital where they could help him. Well he had to have surgery. The neurosurgeon said he was very lucky to be alive. He could of dropped at anytime. The only thing that really saved him was that it was a slow bleed. Thats why it took so long for the symptoms to appear. The neurosurgeon said the only thing that can cause these are a hit to the head.

My fiance was told that he has a case against the first ER that misdiagnosed him with a sinus infection and they never ran any tests just sent him home with abx and pain killers. And he was told he has a case against the truck driver that hit him and the co that she drove for. It was also mentioned that he may even have a case against his employer for having him assist the truck driver because that was not his job.

Does he have a case???

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">