• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers PLEASE RESPOND ASAP PLEASE!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bossage

What is the name of your state?VA

Ok first off, I bought a new shop down on cary street. there have been workers previously working for the owner before i bought the shop from. I tell them to show up at 730 because the boilers start working at 730. ( i run a dry cleaners) They show up at 6:40-7:50 , i tell them to arrive at 730 but they leave and say their gonna sue. Is this a reason for them to sue? Could i fire them for coming to early and having a negative attitude?
Thanks Alot

BelizeBreeze

Bossage said:

Ok first off, I bought a new shop down on cary street. there have been workers previously working for the owner before i bought the shop from. I tell them to show up at 730 because the boilers start working at 730. ( i run a dry cleaners) They show up at 6:40-7:50 , i tell them to arrive at 730 but they leave and say their gonna sue. Is this a reason for them to sue? Could i fire them for coming to early and having a negative attitude?
Thanks Alot
Why are you asking instead of firing the bunch of them. Tell them to show up tomorrow at 7:30, NOT 6:30 and NOT 7:40. Also tell them that if they can't follow this one simple instruction, then they can begin their job search immediately.

Then start hiring some intelligent people.

There is noting in the law that says you are required to employ stupid people.

nibb

Bossage said:

Thanks Alot
i suppose you can, in dont knwo in the US, but in the rest of the world, if your employee doesnt respect some rules like coming on time he could be fired. Of course he had to do this allot no just form time to time. Also you have to proof that they are coming late. Thats why companies install time machine where you have to input your card. I saw some great softwares out there on the internet wich the user has to type his code. If you have an extra pc you can do it that way too. It actually doesnt matter how you do it, but you have to able to show that they come late. I hope it helps.

Gadfly

YOU establish working hours, not them.

If they show up early and start work early and you allow them to work early then you could have a problem, so set the rules. . .YOU are the boss.

Really, you need to bone up on this stuff. This is one of the most basic of questions that you should know the answer to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">