• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a legal Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisst

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Fl
I was quoted a price for a vehicle on an online quote.When I went to the dealership they offered the same quote in writing.The salesman told me to sign on the line he had drawn and the car was mine, so I did.The problem is this was all written on the back of the dealership papers and they didn't sign it. The sales manager came over and said they couldn't sell me the car for that amount.In the same conversation the manager offered me the car for that amt. 4 times by saying "For 32,700. are you willing to sign and drive tonight?" My husband and I looked at eachother and said "How many times do we have to say YES!" The manager again said "I can't do it for that price"THe manager then said he would be eating 2300. He asked if we would meet him half way with 1200 more. We said no. They had already offered the car for 32,700 why would we go up.The manager would not accept the deal and I was able to walk out with the paper I signed.I have since spoken to the General Manager of the store and he said he couln't do the deal for that price but he would do it for 35,000+. I told him I couln't pay that.Thinking about it his offer was even more than the sales manager was going to let me have it for.
My question is : What makes a legally binding contract?I think I may hold one in my hand.

negotiation

Vehicle salespeople are taught (in this case, badly) to obtain a COMMITTMENT to buy the vehicle at a certain price. If you had committed to buy at the list price, someone would've come out and shook your hand.(I'm not saying that that's what you should've done) Usually, the paperwork (called a 4-square) will contain a statement that the salesperson CANNOT accept an offer, (and indeed, nothing is final until all parties sign the contract) It must be approved by management. What you signed was an offer, a way of assuring the managers that you were ready to buy the car. Contracts provide copies to all parties with all terms spelled out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">