• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denying space

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lbrown6857

on 11/17 i posted an item named denying space i added something to it for anyone to answer. But not sure if I did it right. If anyone can help please find denying space and look at the last 2 posts. thank you lbrown6857

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your best bet is to repost with your state listed and then we can try to answer your question.

L

lbrown6857

here is my question, i am in the state of florida, i signed a lease for a dollar store and closeout store. I have no restrictions in my lease. I am allowed to sell anything a dollar or closeout store sells. 6 wks after i signed my lease my landlord calls me up and told me that I did not tell him I was selling food and that had already given the gourmet market an exclusive on groceries and that I would not be able to sell them. I told him that you did not ask me or tell me about any exclusives and you did not tell me about any restrictions in my written lease and that I was going to sell the groceries. I also told him that I was selling everything that a dollar store sells. I have taken and developed 60 pictures of food that is in 4 different dollar stores in the area. He is now refusing to turn over the space to me. He also has two tenants doing their buildouts in there without a c/o on the property but is not letting anyone else do any work because he says he does not have a c/o, that is discrimination under the lease. I do not want a buy out, I have actually filed a lawsuit for specific preformance so he has to give me the space. I feel that the landlord should give me the space and handle this mistake with the other market. He really has no case against me I feel since I have no restrictions and I would not have signed my lease if he would have told me before hand. I feel the judge will rule in my favor and give me the space. My lawyer says the same thing and about 5 other people I have spoken to feel the same way. Just wanted another opinion. thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">