• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Competition Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snetty

I'm the webdeveloper for www.thecarshowcase.com. We're working on a site where visitors can pay to enter competitions. Competition winners are selected based on the best car modifications. Prizes will be auto hardware (donated by sponsors).

Anyway, my reason for posting is that we've heard that the above is classed as an illegal lottery? Can anyone provide us with a bit of information on this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Snetty said:
I'm the webdeveloper for www.thecarshowcase.com. We're working on a site where visitors can pay to enter competitions. Competition winners are selected based on the best car modifications. Prizes will be auto hardware (donated by sponsors).

Anyway, my reason for posting is that we've heard that the above is classed as an illegal lottery? Can anyone provide us with a bit of information on this.

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Snetty

erm, i'm not sure what state they're in. I think they live in New York, but i'm not sure. I wouldn't have thought the state would be relevant given that it's an internet based business.

HomeGuru

Snetty said:
erm, i'm not sure what state they're in. I think they live in New York, but i'm not sure. I wouldn't have thought the state would be relevant given that it's an internet based business.

**A: then you thought wrong.

Snetty

ok, i'm assuming Conneticut is a state? If so, that's where they're from. (i'm in the uk, i know nothing about states n US stuff).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">