• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DR. sending me back to work what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmichael53534

What is the name of your state?wi
I went to pt last Thursday and couldn't do hardly anything they wanted because of the pain and the pt said I needed to see the surgeon because I shouldn't be hurting 4 weeks post op. I went to him today and told him I was a 7 on the pain scale and was dieing. he decided to send me back to work on light duty. the only time I don't hurt is when my leg is elevated and on ice. the surgeon said I could put it on a chair or something if needed. what happens if I go back and cant handle it. in WI we you can change doctors one time so im going to get a second opinion. can he do this? He says all this pain is normal but from what I have read its not. I don't think there is any way I can cope sitting with my knee bent for 8 hr a day what do I do? the surgery I had was an ACL reconstruction and a meniscus tear cut out. you can read the other posts I put on here about this.

mmichael53534

new update need advice bad

I just got back from my primary care doctor and he said that I should go to work Thursday and if I cant handle it to leave work and come see him and he will pull me wich means he and I will be going agents what the orthopedic doctor said. would this be cause for workers comp to stop my benefits?

tjr5150

I just got back from my primary care doctor and he said that I should go to work Thursday and if I cant handle it to leave work and come see him and he will pull me wich means he and I will be going agents what the orthopedic doctor said. would this be cause for workers comp to stop my benefits?
Is this your primary care doctor or the primary care doctor for just this case?
If you go to work and can't handle it, you leave with out talking to your supervisor, then yes they can stop your benifits..If you work offered to put you on light duty within your restrictions then yes you have to try it.. If you refuse they can stop benifits that way also..

mmichael53534

this is my primary care doctor. I saw him the second the accident happened he referred me to this orthopedic guy that I'm having so much trouble with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">