• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beat Cingular Cell Phone Service Verbal Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misterbling

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Ok first off I'm disappointed in this forum, I said I'd update thruout and was going to fight this verbal contract BS, but the post keep getting erased due to time. I posted 4 months ago that I had a cell phone with cingular wireless and had a standard 1 year contract. Well after the year expired My phone was lost and I went to buy a new one. I PAID for the new phone and that was that. 3 months later because their service was horrible I called to cancel my service. They stated that I had to pay a cancellation fee because I was still bound by my contract.

I was out of my contract and explained to them as such. They stated that I renewed my plan by a year by buying the new phone, I asked for a copy of this new contract and was told it was a contract via verbal agreement. I asked whom I made the agreement with and was told "Cingular" I asked more plainly, "No with which employee, I want a name". Was told that they didn't know specifically but I was bound. I asked to cancel and they wouldn't let me. So I then said basically said "PUT ME IN COLLECTIONS THEN, CANCEL ME".

They did. Upon collections letter I immidiately wrote them a letter requesting the contract. As of today since they could not produce the contract the collector has let it go.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

misterbling said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Ok first off I'm disappointed in this forum, I said I'd update thruout and was going to fight this verbal contract BS, but the post keep getting erased due to time. I posted 4 months ago that I had a cell phone with cingular wireless and had a standard 1 year contract. Well after the year expired My phone was lost and I went to buy a new one. I PAID for the new phone and that was that. 3 months later because their service was horrible I called to cancel my service. They stated that I had to pay a cancellation fee because I was still bound by my contract.

I was out of my contract and explained to them as such. They stated that I renewed my plan by a year by buying the new phone, I asked for a copy of this new contract and was told it was a contract via verbal agreement. I asked whom I made the agreement with and was told "Cingular" I asked more plainly, "No with which employee, I want a name". Was told that they didn't know specifically but I was bound. I asked to cancel and they wouldn't let me. So I then said basically said "PUT ME IN COLLECTIONS THEN, CANCEL ME".

They did. Upon collections letter I immidiately wrote them a letter requesting the contract. As of today since they could not produce the contract the collector has let it go.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
If you're so disappointed in the FREE advice....why did you come back here?? :rolleyes:

Your posts weren't erased....other people besides you posted threads since then. You posted the same issue 3 different times.....all you had to do was go to user cp and you'll be able to find your post and add on from there.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=767427

Last edited:

pojo2

Hey Einstein I bet if you read all the fine print in your contract you would find it is automatically renewable if not cancelled BEFORE the year is up.

I would not laugh to loudly yet the last one MAY be on you.

misterbling

pojo2 said:
Hey Einstein I bet if you read all the fine print in your contract you would find it is automatically renewable if not cancelled BEFORE the year is up.

I would not laugh to loudly yet the last one MAY be on you.
That doesn't even make sense Einstein, you can't cancel before the year is up thus it's a year contract. The collectors dropped the case because they could not produce any binding contract. The contract is not renewable it was for a year.

Motherto6

misterbling

I don't know if you are still reading this, but if you would have looked at the back side of your original contract in real small print it would have stated that after the one year contract is up if you continue to use the service the contract is extended/assumed/implied. You lucked out with the collection agency. It doesn't mean that you were in the right!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">