• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got hurt going for an app for wc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deb654321

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I'm on workers comp for a shoulder injury and they sent me for a review in Milwaukee on my day off. I'm on light duty now on my way back I stopped for lunch and fell off the curb and rolled my ankle under me spraining it now I'm off for two weeks. Since I was doing work for wc and got hurt is this wc?please help.

tjr5150

In my opinion no, this is not a work comp injury.. Reason being you went to a dr visit, you were on your day off and you were coming back(home i asume). You stopped to get lunch and tripped/fell over a curb.. How should that be your employers fault?

tjr5150

Going to visit the doctor or not, you fell/tripped over a curb.. Again how is that your employers fault? This is my opinion and your employer ain't responsible for you tripping over a curb on your day off..

You are describing a scenario which is often misunderstood by those injured in the workplace.

Generally speaking, only the injuries/symptoms directly related to your injury at work will be covered. Secondary symptoms, side effects, other medical discoveries, etc etc, are not considered relevenat and harder to prove. Of course, you never know what a good attorney can do for you, but if you want less hassle, don't complicate it for yourself. You're better off to get your ankle taken care of through your insurance etc--Good Luck

JustDream

deb654321 said:
the dr. app i went to was for workers comp what i thought was work related.
Stopping for lunch was not work related. It didn't have anything to do with your doctor's appointment or your injury.

abaga

Job_Hunting said:
You are describing a scenario which is often misunderstood by those injured in the workplace.

Generally speaking, only the injuries/symptoms directly related to your injury at work will be covered. Secondary symptoms, side effects, other medical discoveries, etc etc, are not considered relevenat and harder to prove. Of course, you never know what a good attorney can do for you, but if you want less hassle, don't complicate it for yourself. You're better off to get your ankle taken care of through your insurance etc--Good Luck
It may depend on the State in which you live, but when I was on WC, I had side effects from medications, and those things were covered. After all, had I not had to take those meds to begin with, I wouldn't have had problems as a result of those meds.

I developed Pancreatitis from what was thought to be the meds I was taking for my injury, and it was all covered under the claim.

Sockeye

Below is some copied text from the Free Advice web site (and sponser to this board) From what I read into it, no, it's not work comp claim.

"Do I have to be injured while working in order to qualify for benefits? What if I was coming from or going to work?

You do have to be injured while working. As long as your injury is job-related, it's covered. For example, you'll be covered if you are injured while traveling on business, doing a work-related errand or even attending a required business-related social function (i.e. playing touch football at a company-sponsored picnic). You generally will not be covered for injuries sustained traveling to or from work or for injuries sustained at lunch or injuries playing a pick-up basketball game with your work friends on your day off. To recover, you must be injured within the scope of the employment relationship"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">