• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Damages Property While Friends Watch - Who Pays?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xirt

What is the name of your state?State is Colorado. I had property damage caused by a minor. Parents of the minor tell me they are only 1/3 responsible since their child was with two of his friends at the time of the incident. Their homeonwer's insurance agrees with them. The child's parent's acknowledged in writing that their son caused the damage. Their son admitted verbally having caused the damage. Does it sound right that even thought the two other kids were just bystanders, I should have to go through their parent's insurance to get paid the remaining 2/3 owed?

Wrong

It's not your burden to chase after three different people to have your property repaired or replaced. Go after the first one, since you know he's involved. Let his parents try to recoup the other 2/3 from the other two. You wrote that their homeowners company agrees with them. Why wouldn't they? Less money for them to pay. Gimme a break!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">