• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought car, seller can't furnish title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stang67

What is the name of your state? TN

I bought a car 3 months ago from a coworker. He said that he didn't have a title but would get one (from the guy he bought it from I guess). For 2 1/2 months I asked him about the title and he said he was working on it. I told him a few weeks ago that if he didn't get me a title, he'll have to buy it back from me. He agreed. It's 2 weeks later now and he still hasn't come up with the money. He has come up with alot of excuses though. I'm wondering what I should do. I'm thinking of suing but I really don't want to.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stang67 said:
What is the name of your state? TN

I bought a car 3 months ago from a coworker. He said that he didn't have a title but would get one (from the guy he bought it from I guess).

MY RESPONSE: I'm just guessing, but I'll bet you've figured out by now that doing that was pretty damn stupid.

I'm thinking of suing but I really don't want to.

MY RESPONSE: Then why did you come here?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">