• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers comp ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadchick

What is the name of your state? Texas Today I saw my doc for emotional distress symptoms that began after supervisor (who has a stack of complaints and grievances against her and did not get her contract renewed by school board) began writing me up for complaining about my children being turned away from breakfast and one other petty reason. I'm being harrassed and intimidated. My doc made me take 14 days off (which they'll dock my paycheck for subs at time and a half), put me on paxil and sleeping pills to cope.I'm a very happy person normally but this whole ordeal has ruined my happy life. My 3 small children and husband are suffering for the crap I've had to endure. Can I claim workers comp ?

Beth3

Sure. You are free to notify your employer that you wish to file a worker's comp claim for stress. Whether your employer's WC carrier will accept liablity for your claim is another matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">