• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E.a.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ezra Appel

How Do I Present Evidence In Court?

FLORIDA

I am the owner of a Painting Company in FL. We recently did a small job for a homeowner who said we damaged his property. I tried to collect for our service in Small Claims Court but he refused to pay even though he signed his invoice. He has now filed a Counter Claim Suit against our company.

I can't afford a Lawyer, or all the Expert Wittnesses that I would like to have, but I need to support my case with evidence such as letters from the Manufacturer and photographs from the County Property Appraisers Office.

1). Can I myself give a Florida "General Affidavit Form" to the people I want testimony from? Which form is best, the General Affidavit Under Oath or Before Notary form? In this format will these letters and photographs be admissable at the Trial. If not, how do I present and submit such evidence in court?

2). To get a wittness to appear in court on my behalf must I subpoena them? Can I myself do that, and what procedure is required?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: To get a wittness to appear in court on my behalf must I subpoena them?

A: Yes.

Q: Can I myself do that, and what procedure is required?

A: Yes and ask the small claims court clerk for the proper forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">