• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

callmedax

Illinois Purchased a new (used) car yesterday. Everything approved, and the process went fine. I now have the car in my possession. I just realized this morning that the dealer forgot to ask me for my down payment of $1500. Can they now make me pay them the money or repossess the auto since it is under the ownership of the bank I got the loan from? Can they void the deal with the bank until they get the $1500?

seniorjudge

I am not sure what a new (used) car is, but from your post, it is obvious that you have committed theft (and felony theft at that....)

Stealing is taking or keeping someone else's property.

I sure hope you have a good lawyer.

Can you say Joliet?

Yes they can void the contract.....you owe the $1500.....the financing I'm sure was contingent upon the $1500 downpayment. Without it makes the contract void....you didn't hold up to your end of the deal.

Would you feel the same way if let's say they forgot to give you a $1500 rebate towards the car??? :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">