• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued by contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lion703

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?VA
Recently, a fencing contractor is suing me for money not paid. My
ex-girlfriend hired a contractor to build a fence around her property. Unfortunately, she was unable to home to sign contract. I met with the contractor and signed the contract for construction of the fence. My girlfriend and I broke up and now the contractor wants his money. My ex knows that I signed my name on the contract and told the fencing company that I ordered it. The fencing company is now suing me. Am I in trouble? :eek:

HomeGuru

lion703 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?VA
Recently, a fencing contractor is suing me for money not paid. My
ex-girlfriend hired a contractor to build a fence around her property. Unfortunately, she was unable to home to sign contract. I met with the contractor and signed the contract for construction of the fence. My girlfriend and I broke up and now the contractor wants his money. My ex knows that I signed my name on the contract and told the fencing company that I ordered it. The fencing company is now suing me. Am I in trouble? :eek:

**A: of course you are in trouble, you signed the contract.

JETX

lion703 said:
Am I in trouble? :eek:
Nahhhhh. Just pay them the amount you agreed to..... and then you won't be 'in trouble' any longer (at least not with THEM).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">