• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Allstate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eagle1000

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

Q: I filed a claim thru Allstate for a rental property that I have. They filed a claim for the dwelling on the rental property. However, they also filed a claim against our property we live in for the contents. Thus it shows we have 2 claims instead of 1 for 2 different properties. Can they do that? It has caused our rates to double. What happened to Errors and Admissions? The reason they gave was that we did not notify our agent we moved to a new address, when we did in fact notify our agent, face to face. What should or can I do? I am no longer with allstate as a result. it took them over 6 mos to start working on the property.

tammy8

More details please. So you moved out and had a lose. You filed and a claim was set up for the homeowner's AND the renters????

More Information

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

Q: I filed a claim thru Allstate for a rental property that I have. They filed a claim for the dwelling on the rental property. However, they also filed a claim against our property we live in for the contents. Thus it shows we have 2 claims instead of 1 for 2 different properties. Can they do that? It has caused our rates to double. What happened to Errors and Admissions? The reason they gave was that we did not notify our agent we moved to a new address, when we did in fact notify our agent, face to face. What should or can I do? I am no longer with allstate as a result. it took them over 6 mos to start working on the property.

What was the claim for? I can't see any reason why one claim would be opened for the rental prop and one for your own homeowners policy.

By the way, it's Errors and Omissions, not Admissions. That is professional liability insurance, and I'm not sure why you're asking about it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">