• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer/sell a S-Corp to my friend, How?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gita_magani

What is the name of your state? I am staying in CA but got my company registered by a Delaware State related company.

Hi,

I started a S-Corp company with "The delaware company" on my name. I got the EIN number and some related documents in July this year. I am the sole director of my company right now.

I am on H1-B and life is too hectic with my projects.

I have a friend who is a GreenCard Holder and he is also interested in starting a company, so I just want to transfer my company to his name. Can i transfer to his name or do i have to sell my company to him.

I want to know what is the procedure to do that. What forms to be filled and whom to be submitted to, and what will be the cost?

And also I am worried about filing of the taxes, when that has to be started, and what would be procedure for that?

Because, I want that to be done after transfer is done, wish both don't clash.

Thanks,
Gitanjali.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">