• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carguy77354

I reside in Texas was sued by a dentist I had been going to for a couple of years. This Dentist's office personnel and dental hygenist lied to me to get me to have some dental procedures assuring me that the procedure would be covered. When the procedure was refused by my insurance company and I confronted them about the matter they were extremely rude. I tried to discuss this with the manager whom is the Dentists' spouse to no avail. I have been taken to small claims court and because of a contract I signed initially I received a judgement against me for the $310.76 plus court cost of 120.00. I do not agree with this but respect the judgement of the court. I contacted the Dentist office and Ms Garza refuses to take installment payments and states she will persue this further through the courts. What recourse do they have and why can I not make installment payments?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

carguy77354 said:
I reside in Texas was sued by a dentist I had been going to for a couple of years. This Dentist's office personnel and dental hygenist lied to me to get me to have some dental procedures assuring me that the procedure would be covered. When the procedure was refused by my insurance company and I confronted them about the matter they were extremely rude. I tried to discuss this with the manager whom is the Dentists' spouse to no avail. I have been taken to small claims court and because of a contract I signed initially I received a judgement against me for the $310.76 plus court cost of 120.00. I do not agree with this but respect the judgement of the court. I contacted the Dentist office and Ms Garza refuses to take installment payments and states she will persue this further through the courts.

What recourse do they have and why can I not make installment payments?

My response:

To tell you any possible recourse you might have would be to assist you from paying a lawful judgment. You can't make payments because the judgment creditor doesn't have to take payments. The time for "payments" was BEFORE the judgment, not AFTER.

IAAL

Veronica1228

carguy77354 said:
I reside in Texas was sued by a dentist I had been going to for a couple of years. This Dentist's office personnel and dental hygenist lied to me to get me to have some dental procedures assuring me that the procedure would be covered. When the procedure was refused by my insurance company and I confronted them about the matter they were extremely rude. I tried to discuss this with the manager whom is the Dentists' spouse to no avail. I have been taken to small claims court and because of a contract I signed initially I received a judgement against me for the $310.76 plus court cost of 120.00. I do not agree with this but respect the judgement of the court. I contacted the Dentist office and Ms Garza refuses to take installment payments and states she will persue this further through the courts. What recourse do they have and why can I not make installment payments?
Just as a tip for the future, you should always ask your insurance company if a procedure is covered. Not your doctor or dentist.

JETX

carguy77354 said:
What recourse do they have
Though Texas is a 'debtor-friendly' state..... there are numerous LEGAL processes that a judgment creditor can pursue against you. Starting with seizing your non-exempt assets and selling them at auction. The constable 'policy' is that items sell for $.10 on the $1.00 at auction.... so your $500 judgment will result in seizing about $5000 of your property. Oh, and your judgment is accruing interest for every day you don't pay!!

and why can I not make installment payments?
You can make any payments you want.... they will only help to reduce the amount you owe. However, your making payments does NOT waive or alter the judgment creditors legal RIGHT to take whatever action is appropriate.

Start making payments TODAY!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">