• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I The Attorney For The Other Side Is Taking To The Oppossing Side Before Deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

throne42

My Attorney Talk To Opposing Side Before I Gave My Deposition

What is the name of your state?flla If the attorney for the opposing side is talking to your attorney before deposition is taken by me is that wrong for them to be talking together going out side and talking before a deposition. Will I experince this they both went out side. And in front of me they said that they are going to get pay even if they don't go to mediation and my attorney said right in front me to the other attorney that he does not want to waste his time coming to a mediation if he is not going to give what they agree upon so they both said they are going to take the case to trial this was all done at the deposition right in front me are they surpose to talk like that at a deposition and especially my attorney in front of me we where at the deposition when every thing was over I feel like they where trying to send a hard message to me that was not good it just did not sound right so they said they where going to let each other know by cell phone if they where going to do take it to mediation or go to trial are they surpose to talk to each other on their cell. And my attorney also advice me not to get a copy of my deposition and I told him that I want a copy he told me that I can change things on it right in front of the oppossing side and the court reporter can I change from this attorney he said that if I try to change from him that he would put a lien on is money I don't trust him at all so before I let him take me in further in this case I would like to go to another attorney I am suffering with a foot injure can you tell me if I switch from him now and we don't go to court can the opposing side pay him or if I keep him and we take this to court and they do a Mri on my foot and they see that nothing is wrong with my foot will the insurance company still have to pay him I am just trying to understand what he might by still get pay anyway I would like to know if this sounds strang I want to come alway from him before he can take this case to trial.

Last edited:

stephenk

Ever hear of a comma and period? If yes, use them.

I gave up reading your one long rambling sentence.

tjr5150

Use comma's,periods and question marks... Figure out what you are trying to ask, then edit your long sentence to what your question's are..

Sorry if this sounds rude..

Lisabyday

I have to concur with the other two on your post. It is very difficult to read. However, I have tried to make some sense out of your post in order to answer a few of your questions/concerns.

Forget what you see on television regarding the behavior of attorneys when dealing with the other side. Attorneys can and often are very civil with each other.

There is nothing wrong with the two attorneys talking to each other. There is nothing wrong with them talking on the cell phone. I could go on, but I am hoping that you get the point. How else do you expect them to communicate?

The comment regarding your attorney saying he is not going to wast his time coming to mediation if they are not going to give him what he wants is a sensible statement. If your attorney has made certain demands and the other side is not bulging what is the point of a mediation. Take it to court and let either a judge or a jury make the decision.

If you want to pay the expense of getting a deposition copy by all means do it.

You have the right to change attorneys. The attorney should and probably will be compensated for the work he has performed on your behalf thus far. Since most work comp cases are done on a percentage, the amount due the attorney will probably be determined by the Judge once he has filed a lien (which is well within his right to do), at least that is the way it happens in this state.

From the little that I could figure out, there does not appear to be anything amiss from the attorney's stand point; however, if you are not happy with your attorney, by all means, get another. You may discover that the problems are not with the attorney, rather they may be with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">