• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen musical instrument

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cprescott

What is the name of your state?I reside in California.

I'll try to make this brief:
I temporarily swapped musical instruments with a friend (trumpets) at his request. His is twice as valuable as mine(market-wise), which was the only way I would make the short-term trade since mine holds great personal value, is vintage, and is hard to find.

My horn was stolen while he was borrowing it. He wants to sell me his horn minus the value of mine. This is fine, but we can't agree on what mine was worth. I would rather he just find a replacement.

Legally, can I keep his until he replaces mine?

By the way, we have nothing in writing :(

Thanks!

panzertanker

cprescott said:
What is the name of your state?I reside in California.

I'll try to make this brief:
I temporarily swapped musical instruments with a friend (trumpets) at his request. His is twice as valuable as mine(market-wise), which was the only way I would make the short-term trade since mine holds great personal value, is vintage, and is hard to find.

My horn was stolen while he was borrowing it. He wants to sell me his horn minus the value of mine. This is fine, but we can't agree on what mine was worth. I would rather he just find a replacement.

Legally, can I keep his until he replaces mine?

By the way, we have nothing in writing :(

Thanks!
"horn? what horn?"

:rolleyes:

cprescott

Hmmm...I like your style :)

So, I'm guessing there is nothing to keep me from hanging on to his instrument until he comes up with a suitable replacement?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">