• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA., Home Improvement Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oversixty

The wife and I signed a contract with a major home improvement warehouse for vinyl replacement windows. Nine windows, installed, 12 months no payment, no interest, all Double Hung Windows. The "project manager" showed up after the (specified) 72 hour 'cancellation period' and declared that 4 of the 9 windows were "too small" to be made as double hung" and wants to sell us tip-in, tip-out, or crank open windows instead -- at an additional charge ($150 -- PER WINDOW!!). We want to remove those 4 from the contract or, failing that, cancel the entire deal.
Note that no 'manufacturing order' has been placed and that no actual cash has changed hands. We're of the opinion that the contract has been voided by the remodeler and that we are free to seek another source for all nine windows.
We live in Pennsylvania.
(And a constant state of confusion!) Thanks.

shortbus

They can't use the contract you signed to force you to buy a different product at a different price. The contract is void due to impracticability.

oversixty

Thanks, shortbus. Our thoughts on the matter are exactly the same as yours.
Further information, which was not germain to the "problem", but which, now, seems odd -- the cost of each window was not stated nor was the "installation charge" seperately listed.
But I will give 'em this -- they sell a mighty fine looking window!
oversixty

awcman

are you still interested in receving another estimate?

Hi,

I have read your problem, and I have to say, I'm not surprised. I work as a production manager for a Home improvement company called Advanced Window Concepts. Click Here to hit our site. Our MAIN goal is to dispel all the negative myths about the home improvement industry. We have 5 different product lines as far as windows go. We're located in Northeast PA in Allentown. I hope we can help each other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">