• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reoccuring injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammons1525

What is the name of your state? PA.

My left lower leg and knee was run over in 94' by a dump truck. got treatment and surgery for it in 94'. After I was back to work I signed a supplemental agreement closing compensation for being off work.
The knee really hasn't bothered me until the past year. On tuesday(oct 4, 05') I had an arthroscopic operation for the same knee. The results from the operation indicated that i will need a total knee replacement because of deterioration of the joints. The dr, stated that most likely the cause of the joint deterioration is from surgery/accident in 94'. My question is would I be able to reopen the claim to get covered for the joint replacement. or am I entitled to anything so long after the claim has been closed?

Beth3

I'm sorry but that's not a question anyone here can possibly answer. You need to either contact the WC carrier that handled your claim back in '94 or speak to a WC attorney. If you received a PPD settlement back then and signed a full and final release, then your claim is probably completely closed.

JustDream

sammons1525 said:
After I was back to work I signed a supplemental agreement closing compensation for being off work.
Does this mean you signed an agreement to close medicals? If you did, then no you cannot "reopen" the claim. When the company/insurance adds a little extra money (to sweeten the pot) to close medicals they do this so they will be done with it. If you didn't close your medicals during your agreement you may be able to reopen the claim. Check with the attorney you used to close the claim. He/she will be able to answer your question.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">