• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury Report Missing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

convoy71

What is the name of your state? PA

I work in a corporate owned "chain" popular restaurant. I suffered a pulled muscle in January 2003. The injury was caused by tag team lifting trash cans in a dumpster.

An injury report was filled out and I went to hospital. 2-3 months later I began recieving emergency room bills for the date that I had injury looked at. They said they have no record of injury report to sustain for workmans compensation. I had manager check my files in the hospital. The injury report was missing.

The manager who searched for the report wrote out a second injury report. Though only a few weeks later I recieved still recieved same bill. I called billing department of hospital, they have no record of workmans compensation and/or injury report. I had manager contact workmans comp and I also called. No injury report was submitted. We looked in my folder again, injury report was AGAIN MISSING.

I believe restaurant management destroyed the injury report so workmans compensation does not have to pay for hospital bill. aka conspiracy.

The trash cans that were origionally used for replaced by smaller cans, 1 week after injury occured.

Can someone tell me the relationship between employer, workmans comp and hospital billing dept.

My father dealt with similar problem which caused him now to be in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. He worked in a hotel, fell from ladder injured leg. He was told no injury report would be filled out, if he went to the hospital to report injury he would be fired. Six months later his doctor filled out paper work to apply him for disability (had to under go knee replacement and infusion), not sure what was said where injury took place.

tjr5150

believe restaurant management destroyed the injury report so workmans compensation does not have to pay for hospital bill. aka conspiracy.
HAHA, conspiracy.. Just had to laugh at that..
Did you get a copy of incident report when you got injured? You also stated the manager did a second one for you, did you get a copy of that one also?
When you went to the ER did you state it was work related? If you did then it will be on the papers you filled out at the hospital..Also replacing the trash can,s don't mean anything, the average trash can for a restraunt is 55 gallon, so them changing it to a smaller is not an issue..

JustDream

Is there someone in your company who handles workers compensation? If there is, contact that person. This is usually a person in HR. If there is no one in your company contact the department of labor workers compensation department. They will get to the bottom of this!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">