• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Sales Tactics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ok, my friends let some people she knew from school come into her home to do a demonstration of a Rainbow Cleaning System and also give her information on becoming a representative. The people told them that if they became a rep there would be NO PRESSURE sales tactics. They wanted representatives to show the vacuum, the machine sells itself. The man that came into there used high pressure tactics and they ended up buying the system after asking if the reps got a free demo system themselves, the people said no, they would have to buy their own system and that it would pay for itself (not telling them if it meant they paid for it, or they got it for free, they did ask many questions on this issue). Today we found out that when they become a rep they in fact DO get a free system and that in the standard contract it states that for every demo, they need to call the distibutor while they were still demonstrating the equipment, no exceptions. They did not call in like it's stated in the contract, they used high pressure sales tactics, and lied to them by misleading the information. They are getting out of the contract by returning the machine. What else can they do? There is no information on this company on the BBB website.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I am not sure what your question is? So they returned the system. Contract is done, no biggie.

Nothing else they should do. Be done with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">