• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell from semi trailor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddntx

What is the name of your state?TX I fell from a semi tanker ladder 11ft high and hurt my back.I was told by my former boss i dont need a safety harness and where i load there is no loading ramp like all the othe plants.Are both of the parties liable or just me?and if i accept workers comp will i give up the right to sue. :confused:

JustDream

If you were injured in the course of your employment this should be filed as workers compensation. This may be your only option for medical treatment. Most private insurance companies will not pay for work related injuries.

You have the right to hire an attorney but why would you want to at this point? File your claim and see what happens. An attorney can charge a max of $150 per hr plus expenses! Keep in mind this is deducted from your income benefit payments.

As far as who is liable, the company is liable for any work related injury. If you were violating a company safety policy the company may issue disciplinary action based on their company policy but you are still entitled to worker's comp benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">