• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restaurant reservation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fogdog

What is the name of your state? CA

This is a cross post because I wasn't sure where to ask this question.

My company was looking for a restaurant to have a dinner for 30 people. I called a bunch of places getting information about menus, cost and availability. Our dinner was tonight.

I got home and had a message on my voicemail at work. One of the restaurants I called (one I did not choose) had a room set up and wanted to know when we were going to show up! I'm positive I told this guy that I had to check with my boss before confirming anything.

He didn't call to confirm the menu or the number of people, the menu or anything. I didn't give him a credit card, just my name and phone number.

Does he have any grounds to try to charge us for not showing up?

seniorjudge

fogdog said:
What is the name of your state? CA

This is a cross post because I wasn't sure where to ask this question.

My company was looking for a restaurant to have a dinner for 30 people. I called a bunch of places getting information about menus, cost and availability. Our dinner was tonight.

I got home and had a message on my voicemail at work. One of the restaurants I called (one I did not choose) had a room set up and wanted to know when we were going to show up! I'm positive I told this guy that I had to check with my boss before confirming anything.

He didn't call to confirm the menu or the number of people, the menu or anything. I didn't give him a credit card, just my name and phone number.

Does he have any grounds to try to charge us for not showing up?

Q: Does he have any grounds to try to charge us for not showing up?

A: Call him back up and say, "My file shows that on the X day of X, 2005, I talked to you and stated that we would NOT be using your restaurant. Tell me, what does your file show?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">