• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tv small claims cases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdaughter

What is the name of your state?I just figured out the tv judges are really just arbitrators and not real judges...they wear judicial robes and have a courtroom (set)....how are they allowed to do that? Even in interviews they are refered to as judges and are given that title before their name in news articles.

If an actor plays a cop he can't go out in public and say he is an officer....its illegal to impersonate a cop...why is it okay to impersonate a judge...they are like the highest authority...you'd think the title, courtroom, robe would be protected.

If they were once real judges...are they allowed to retain that title?

BL

sdaughter said:
What is the name of your state?I just figured out the tv judges are really just arbitrators and not real judges...they wear judicial robes and have a courtroom (set)....how are they allowed to do that? Even in interviews they are refered to as judges and are given that title before their name in news articles.

If an actor plays a cop he can't go out in public and say he is an officer....its illegal to impersonate a cop...why is it okay to impersonate a judge...they are like the highest authority...you'd think the title, courtroom, robe would be protected.

If they were once real judges...are they allowed to retain that title?
Search the Judge TV sites ..

They usually pay the Judgements .. If thety are incorrect rulings , take it back to the Locals .

Yes , They are allowed , you sign a contract don't you ?

sdaughter

Blonde Lebinese said:
Search the Judge TV sites ..

They usually pay the Judgements .. If thety are incorrect rulings , take it back to the Locals .

Yes , They are allowed , you sign a contract don't you ?
I already know about them paying the judgements...the contract,etc.

The biggest question I have is this:
I know retired judges can keep the title of judge...but judges who aren't reelected or step down...are they legally allowed to keep the title....once a judge always a judge?

sdaughter

Blonde Lebinese said:
Well what is the definition of a " Sitting Judge " ?
I know a retired judge can be a sitting judge...usually sitting judges are retired or current judges filling in for another...but are judges who quit or aren't reelected still considered a judge? Do they keep the title?

BL

sdaughter said:
I know a retired judge can be a sitting judge...usually sitting judges are retired or current judges filling in for another...but are judges who quit or aren't reelected still considered a judge? Do they keep the title?
And What have you found out about The Show's websites ?

sdaughter

Blonde Lebinese said:
And What have you found out about The Show's websites ?
They don't say anything other than upcoming cases, how to be on the show...it doesn't explain anything about what I am trying to find out...I know most use to be judges but quit their job to take the tv judge position...I just want to know if they are still really judges and can be sitting judges in a real court...or if they at least keep the title since they once were real judges.

seniorjudge

sdaughter said:
...The biggest question I have is this: I know retired judges can keep the title of judge...but judges who aren't reelected or step down...are they legally allowed to keep the title....once a judge always a judge?
Yes, but there is nothing "legal" about this. It's just custom in most cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">