• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Armed Robbery Victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JIB7209

What is the name of your state?Las Vegas, NV - What compensation do I get if I have been a victim of armed robbery at work? I didn't hear or get anything from my employer about this. Also, just recently I called our Risk Mgmt at our corporate office to inquire about the incident. It was filed, but not the form that I filled out (what actually happened), because accdg to them it was not armed and no money was taken. Since that incident, for some reason I don't feel relax going out alone. I feel like someone's always watching me. I don't know what's happening to me. Now, I am unemployed coz he terminated me, reason: abandoning my job. can't even collect Unemployment Insurance....

Beth3

What compensation do I get if I have been a victim of armed robbery at work? You mean simply because you happened to be the person on duty when the robbery occurred? As tjr said, nadag. If you were injured, your bills would be covered by your employer's WC carrier but no employment laws require that you receive compensation because you had an unpleasant experience.

seniorjudge

JIB7209 said:
What is the name of your state?Las Vegas, NV - What compensation do I get if I have been a victim of armed robbery at work? I didn't hear or get anything from my employer about this. Also, just recently I called our Risk Mgmt at our corporate office to inquire about the incident. It was filed, but not the form that I filled out (what actually happened), because accdg to them it was not armed and no money was taken. Since that incident, for some reason I don't feel relax going out alone. I feel like someone's always watching me. I don't know what's happening to me. Now, I am unemployed coz he terminated me, reason: abandoning my job. can't even collect Unemployment Insurance....
http://crime.about.com/od/victims/qt/victims_nv.htm

Call the district attorney's office in your county and ask them how to apply for crime victims' compensation.

I don't even want to guess if you are eligible or not; there are tons of hoops to jump through.

Find out what the process is. You never know; you may be eligible.

Some states run these under work comp commissions; other states do it differently.

Good luck.

However, if you have to seek care with a mental health professional (counseling) who gives you a medically necessary diagnosis, i.e., anxiety, post traumatic stress, etc. related to the incident...those visits SHOULD be covered under workers compensation. Of course, as always, the workers comp insurance company can deny the claims, and you would still have to follow normal procedures for filing a workers compensation claim-incident reports, etc.

JIB7209

Las Vegas, NV - Thank you all for the replies. Atleast now I have some ideas. I'll just go next step... about my store mgr that earns $45,000-$60,000 a year, and not do his job. Slave his people because he's not hiring, Constantly not in when scheduled & revised the schedule the day he comes in, we always runs out of things (he don't order) yet still our Labor cost & Food cost are high. He even kept our $5 christmas bonus (in a new prepaid food card) , it should be with our paychecks coz I guess I accidentally saw the memo from the corp. that we all get 1. But, I could go on, and on, and on & he's still there, getting richer.... This helps me breathe out what I've been keeping inside and yet I still continue to work there and cover his shifts. I heard that a lot of times from my partner, I get home so tired & mad & talked the whole time, but still gives them a lot of my time. Anyways, again.... Thank you all for your time, reading my msgs. Have a good week!

seniorjudge

JIB7209 said:
Las Vegas, NV - Thank you all for the replies. Atleast now I have some ideas. I'll just go next step... about my store mgr that earns $45,000-$60,000 a year, and not do his job. Slave his people because he's not hiring, Constantly not in when scheduled & revised the schedule the day he comes in, we always runs out of things (he don't order) yet still our Labor cost & Food cost are high. He even kept our $5 christmas bonus (in a new prepaid food card) , it should be with our paychecks coz I guess I accidentally saw the memo from the corp. that we all get 1. But, I could go on, and on, and on & he's still there, getting richer.... This helps me breathe out what I've been keeping inside and yet I still continue to work there and cover his shifts. I heard that a lot of times from my partner, I get home so tired & mad & talked the whole time, but still gives them a lot of my time. Anyways, again.... Thank you all for your time, reading my msgs. Have a good week!
Sunshine!

There was NO armed robbery.

You are just complaining.

OKAY!!!

Now my answer is: get another job! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">