• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The car salesman cliche' still holds true?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rdodson

Cooling off period

Greetings:

I recently purchased an automobile in Texas. I took delivery of the vehicle on 11/17/00. I negotiated a good rate on the financing but felt that the finance manager was in rare form and was pushing all kinds of 'add ons'. I agreed to one or two to get the rate down and signed the form. However, as I was leaving he had me sign another 'blank' finance form and some other additional service document where I was told that it was not a contract but part of the original deal.

The manager did not have copies of anything he could give me and stated that I would have to wait until Monday 11/20/00 to get them due to some sort of 'processing' and title transfer worked to be done by the dealership.

At this point I am a bit dubious about the finance manager's tactics, whose name by the way is 'Tex'. And I have reason to believe that he buried some significant add-ons to the finance deal which I confirmed by running the monthly payment numbers.

I would like to envoke the "Cooling Off Period" provision and recind the original contract I signed and re-negotiate the whole thing now that I am armed with more information and better understand his 'tactics'. Could someone tell me what my options are at this point.

Regards,

Russ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">