• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaiden9112002

What is the name of your state?MA

I have a question. If you were hurt on the job and hired under the table, but your boss said he would pay and hasn't, what can be done? Because now it has gone to collections. He said to send him the bill and he would pay it, now it's affecting the injured parties credit. What can be done????????????????

Beth3

Agreeing to work "under the table," by which I presume you mean the employee is paid in cash and is not reporting that income to the IRS, often results in a whole host of problems.

The employee can make a complaint to his State's Worker's Compensation Division regarding the unpaid medical bills. Since the employee was being paid in cash, I don't know if there will be any problems with the employee demonstrating that he was actually employed by this company when the injury occurred should the company claim they never heard of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">