• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help, i'm being sued over a collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerry_21

Hi,

I live in texas, I was driving my mom's car which was insured but only under her name, when i was involved in a car accident. The stop sign assigning right of way was down at a 20 degree angle. I hit a girl, thank God she was not injured. That lady did not have any insurance and at the moment no license. The license was then brought to her by her parents. It turns out that the girl was driving a car owned by her aunt, who is now suing me for the price of the car. What should be my arguments. In TX if there is no stop sign i must yield the right of way to the operator on my right. However that area has stop signs at every intersection so i assumed this one should have one too.

Please help, thank you.

seniorjudge

jerry_21 said:
Hi,

I live in texas, I was driving my mom's car which was insured but only under her name, when i was involved in a car accident. The stop sign assigning right of way was down at a 20 degree angle. I hit a girl, thank God she was not injured. That lady did not have any insurance and at the moment no license. The license was then brought to her by her parents. It turns out that the girl was driving a car owned by her aunt, who is now suing me for the price of the car. What should be my arguments. In TX if there is no stop sign i must yield the right of way to the operator on my right. However that area has stop signs at every intersection so i assumed this one should have one too.

Please help, thank you.
Q: In TX if there is no stop sign i must yield the right of way to the operator on my right.

A: Correct; and if that is what happened in your situation, then you are liable for the amount of the damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">