• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need An Answer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iljasonii

What is the name of your state?I currently live in California and got myself into trouble. I currently work for my company for 6 month and my manager just quit. I have many things tied in with my manager and I do not know what to do. I took out a car loan under my name 2 month ago because my manager took me to a car dealership during work to look at cars. I did not know his intention at the time so I just went along. He ran his credit to purchase a car but they denied it. He then ran my credit for the car and I got approved. I told him I did not want to do it but he kept pushing me and said it was only going to be a month before he transfer it under his name. Now he is driving the car under my name and he has not change the autoloan to his name. I need advice on what I would do it. The car is more expensive because he traded in his old car with negative equity. I do not know how you can trade in a car under someone else name to the value of my car. I am in a bind and desparately need some advice. I have over $5000 on credit card bills because he is not paying on time. I know it was stupid on my part to let it happen but now I am in too deep.

seniorjudge

iljasonii said:
What is the name of your state?I currently live in California and got myself into trouble. I currently work for my company for 6 month and my manager just quit. I have many things tied in with my manager and I do not know what to do. I took out a car loan under my name 2 month ago because my manager took me to a car dealership during work to look at cars. I did not know his intention at the time so I just went along. He ran his credit to purchase a car but they denied it. He then ran my credit for the car and I got approved. I told him I did not want to do it but he kept pushing me and said it was only going to be a month before he transfer it under his name. Now he is driving the car under my name and he has not change the autoloan to his name. I need advice on what I would do it. The car is more expensive because he traded in his old car with negative equity. I do not know how you can trade in a car under someone else name to the value of my car. I am in a bind and desparately need some advice. I have over $5000 on credit card bills because he is not paying on time. I know it was stupid on my part to let it happen but now I am in too deep.

From your post, it sounds like you bought your boss a very nice gift.

You have to pay the bill.

iljasonii

So I guess the best thing to do is not pay and let the car get repo and rebuild my credit in the next 10 years. :confused:

JETX

iljasonii said:
What is the name of your state?I currently live in California
It doesn't matter where you CURRENTLY live. What is the state for this problem??

I told him I did not want to do it but he kept pushing me and said it was only going to be a month before he transfer it under his name.
Transfer what?? The title?? The note??
Is your name on the title to the vehicle?? I yes, then EXACTLY how is it titled (Your name AND his name, or your name OR his name)???

Now he is driving the car under my name
Again, what EXACTLY do you mean??

and he has not change the autoloan to his name.
Your name (as a co-signer or whatever you are!!) can't be removed. The only way that can happen is that the other party get ANOTHER loan and pay off yours. And he won't. Know why?? Because he can't qualify for a loan in his name only!!!

I need advice on what I would do it.
Get yourself to a local attorney NOW!!

The car is more expensive because he traded in his old car with negative equity. I do not know how you can trade in a car under someone else name to the value of my car.
Because the dealer doesn't give a crap about your car, his car, etc. They
only know that they sold a car and someone gave a trade-in.

I have over $5000 on credit card bills because he is not paying on time.
HUH??? How the hell did credit cards get into this CAR problem???

iljasonii

Yes the car is under my name only. There is no co signer. Credit cards got involved because I used balance transfers. Only thing that has his name in writing is the old vehicle he traded in. It shows his vehicle with negative equity on the contract.

Ellerge

Car

If the car is in your name, go get it!
If he comes and gets the car back, have him arrested for STEALING your car. Again, if its your car, go get it - not tomorrow, but tonight! (Make sure you have a COPY of the Title with you as he may call the cops and claim you are STEALING the car.)

JETX

iljasonii said:
Yes the car is under my name only. There is no co signer. Credit cards got involved because I used balance transfers. Only thing that has his name in writing is the old vehicle he traded in. It shows his vehicle with negative equity on the contract.
Then your solution is simple. Go get YOUR vehicle. Use a key and drive it off. Then, after you have the vehicle and have moved it to a sufficient location... call the police and tell them what you have done so that they don't think it was stolen.
And if you don't have a key, go to a local dealer of that make (take your title showing your name) and ask them to make a duplicate key..... then go get it.

And finally, if you are concerned for all the above.... hire a local repo firm to go get it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">