• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verifying corporate informaiton

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rwillia2

Hi All,
My Mother has a stock certificate that her deceased husband bought in 1979. It is for a private corporation that is still in business.The company is located in Missouri and my mother and I live in Ohio. The president/owner is giving us a hard time about it. He says the company has never made much money, the stock is nontransferrable because it is in my stepdads name only. I have been trying to get him to send me financial reports for two weeks and finally received one on Fri. the 17th, for the "12 month period ending June 30, 1999". He said this is the latest one, but according to the Sec. of State web page (Missouri) the latest annual report was filed 10/11/00. After all of his moaning, complaining, and crying broke, he said he would talk to his CPA and see what he could offer, if anything, at this time for the stock. According to the report he sent(after stalling for 2 weeks) the company had sales of almost a million dollars and a net loss of $3,000+ for the year. I really don't believe anything this guy says, I've done some searching on the net and found that the company has some government contracts.(with the state of NJ, IND, Malstrom AFB in Montana, they're registered with the GSA, etc.)If anyone knows how I could verify his information I would really appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">