• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fender bender turned bad!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dodgeman83

this happened in rockford ILL. i had an accident in march of 2002 and the insurace company is trying to collect for the accident i had no insurance at the time. they want $45,000 for this, i didnt get any paperwork for any of this till june of 2004 and i was filed in may or june of 2004 i have called lawyers on this in ill. ( i live in wis by the way) and i told them i was in a car accident in 2002 and they would say its to late the statue of limitations is only 2 yr but the case went on and i was told by these lawyers to ignore it and the judge will trough it out. well he didnt what can i do and they want me i court again for financial something or nother i need help and bad plz

stephenk

it's kind of late to be asking for help. don't ignore the summons for the debtor exam. you will be asked questions concerning your finances, savings, assets, etc. so the other side can start garnishing your wages and maybe start selling your computer, car, etc.

if you can, hire an attorney to sit with you and go over all of the facts and see if you can work out some type of payment plan with the other side.

JETX

dodgeman83 said:
i told them i was in a car accident in 2002 and they would say its to late the statue of limitations is only 2 yr but the case went on
As it should have. The SOL in Illinois for a property damage claim is FIVE years from the incident. Bodily injury is 2 years.

they want me i court again for financial something or nother i need help and bad plz[/QUOTE]
You have no choice but to show up on the date/time ordered. If you don't, the court could find you in contempt.... and issue an arrest warrant.
Answer their questions with honesty.
Time to 'suck it up' and face the consequences of your actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">