• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childcare contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CarolLynn

What is the name of your state? Michigan
When I put my 11 yr old in childcare, the owner had me sign a contract that was meant for full time daycare children. My daughter was signed up for part time daycare and the contract referred to full time daycare. In this contract it stated that if I dont give 2 weeks notice to pull my daughter out that I have to pay her for 2 weeks at a full time daycare rate. My daughter had caught lice from school and the provider told me that she was not allowed to come back unless she was totally nit free yet the school had told me that she was nit free and able to return to school. So I decided not to send her back to this childcare provider. This is when she told me that since I wasnt giving her 2 weeks notice that I would be liable for paying her for 2 weeks of care at a full time rate. I had mentioned to her that this was unfair since my daughter is only in her care for part time. She is threatening to take me to small claims court for this money. Can she make that contract stick since it was a contract that was geared for full time childcare? She never offered me a contract to sign that was for part time. I feel as though I was treated unfairly. I also wanted to know if she can get it to where I have to pay court costs and late fees on top of the full time amount that she is asking for. Thanks
Carol D.
Coloma, MI

tigger22472

CarolLynn said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
When I put my 11 yr old in childcare, the owner had me sign a contract that was meant for full time daycare children. My daughter was signed up for part time daycare and the contract referred to full time daycare. In this contract it stated that if I dont give 2 weeks notice to pull my daughter out that I have to pay her for 2 weeks at a full time daycare rate. My daughter had caught lice from school and the provider told me that she was not allowed to come back unless she was totally nit free yet the school had told me that she was nit free and able to return to school. So I decided not to send her back to this childcare provider. This is when she told me that since I wasnt giving her 2 weeks notice that I would be liable for paying her for 2 weeks of care at a full time rate. I had mentioned to her that this was unfair since my daughter is only in her care for part time. She is threatening to take me to small claims court for this money. Can she make that contract stick since it was a contract that was geared for full time childcare? She never offered me a contract to sign that was for part time. I feel as though I was treated unfairly. I also wanted to know if she can get it to where I have to pay court costs and late fees on top of the full time amount that she is asking for. Thanks
Carol D.
Coloma, MI
You say she never offered you another contract. Did you ask for another? Regardless of which when you signed the contract you agreed to the terms within the contract as written. So the answer would be as long as everything is in order with the contract she is likely to get the monies. What is the exact wording? Is there a dollar amount listed for 'full time' or does it simply state full time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">