• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car dealers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heatherterry01@

What is the name of your state?n.c. i put my truck in the shop for repairs.the truck was repaired.but when i left the dealership they did not close the hood .the hood blew back onto the windshield causing over a 1.000.00 in damage.dealer refuses to pay without police report.police said they donot issue reports for this. what are my options

divgradcurl

heatherterry01@ said:
What is the name of your state?n.c. i put my truck in the shop for repairs.the truck was repaired.but when i left the dealership they did not close the hood .the hood blew back onto the windshield causing over a 1.000.00 in damage.dealer refuses to pay without police report.police said they donot issue reports for this. what are my options
a) Do nothing;

b) Have your insurance pay for the repairs, and pay the deductible yourself;

c) Have your insurance pay, and sue the shop for the deductible;

d) Sue the shop for the entire repair cost.

It's up to you.

hoodlums?

This sounds like a situation where the exact sequence of events before you drove off the lot would be critical. For instance, if you were sitting in the vehicle while the service people were doing last minute checks, and they told you everything was ok and you could go, that would be like going to an oil change place where they forgot to put the drain plug back in ie 100% THEIR fault. What happened just before you drove off? Also: Hoods have safety catches that engage if they are ALMOST closed to prevent the very thing that happened to you. Obviously, this hood was not pushed down far enough to engage the safety catch. Unless you opened the hood before you drove off, and forgot to close it, they are liable.

The dealer knows that the police won't issue a report for a case like this; it's a civil issue. Try going up the "food chain", to the owner if necessary.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">