• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unclear on Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigerheart1369

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

Here is my situation; On Sept 4,2005.,I was involved in an auto accident with no one injured.I was approaching an intersection with a green light attempting a left turn(the green arrow was not lit) The other driver ( I did not see) was coming straight from the opposite side with her light green as well.As I made my turn,she slammed into the right backside of my truck.When the officer arrived,I got a failure to yield w/ accident.She was not cited..even though she was probably speeding.A few days later, the police dept called me and informed me that the officer who cited me was no longer there and he was going to be handling the case. I also learned that my vehicle had only collateral ins . The officer had me bring the ticket in,cancelled it, and issued me with a no insurancew/accident ticket. However I got a copy of the police report at that time and it still showed the orig.ticket. I got a call from State Farm ( the other drivers ins) and their attorney stating that I owe them 2400.00. Am I responsible for this? I do not feel the accident was my fault entirely.The attorney was real snide and vocalized that I did not have ins,does this still make me resp. Please Help..I am confused. Also do I need to have them update the report at the police dept?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">