• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident in school car line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharkkiller69

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My wife was in the car line picking up the children after school. She was parked, with the van turned off. A lady decided to park in the car line, fgo inside to pick up her children, then drive between two lanes of parked cars to leave. In the process, she hit the side of my wife's van. This is a brand new van with less than 500 miles on it. The police were called, and due to it happening on private property, there were no tickets issued. The police officer also stated that since it was on private property, he could not state who was at fault. The officer also told the lady's husband that she may have to retake her driver's test due to a high number of accidents.

My question is, will my insurance have to pay for anything, or will the lady who hit her's insurance have to pay? It does not seem right that my insurance should have to pay anything. THank you for any help anyone may provide, I am pretty darn disgusted at this point.

stephenk

Depends. If you make the claim with your own carrier they will pay to fix your van and then seek reimbursement from the other driver's carrier.

if you make a claim with the other driver's carrier and they accept liability, they will pay for the repairs.

My personal choice would be to go with your own carrier. That way your work is guaranteed should any problems arise during the repairs or if additional issues arise after the van is fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">