• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

billed 1 and 1/2 years after service-is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jnkatplay

What is the name of your state? IL

I have used this accountant for the past 3 years and have stayed with him despite late work as I knew I was selling my business last year (switching is a major hassle). I have paid every invoice that was sent to me. I gave him our financial statements in January 2005, and he filed for an extension as he was so busy. I finally received the business return on the day of the deadline (Sept '05)(it was wrong and had to be re-filed). This happened last year as well. Now that the correct return is filed, he sends me an invoice for 2004's return, as well as for 2003's return from March of 2004. There were also other erronous items billed to me which he removed (for services never rendered and for services already paid for). Am I required to pay this? On reviewing my files, I don't believe I was ever billed for it or paid for it, but how long can somebody legally go before billing them? Thank you for any help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">