• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit & Run?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Freesia416

What is the name of your state?undefinedNorth Carolina

Someone drove into a row of large rocks I have laying on My property. The rocks are 1 foot off the road way and the road way is a private drive. Who ever did this did not come to My door or leave any messages. Can I be sued for anything? Aren't people suppost to inform property owners when they hit Their property? :) I hope You all have a great day.

Justin Michael

Crazed98

You cannot be sued for them running off the road into objects on your property.

Yes they SHOULD have told you but were most likely afraid you might try and sue them for destruction of your property.

If someone came to my door and told me they'd driven into my property, I absolutely would sue them for the property damage. The offenders obviously knew this and therefore didn't tell you.

Freesia416

Thank You InsuranceLadyAZ & Crazed98

I'd like to thank You both for Your kind imput and speedy posting. it relieves Us a great deal to hear these answers!! God Bless You both.

Justin Michael

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">