• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Cxl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vang0143

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I was talked into listing my home with for sale by owner company. When I went in for an office visit to ask more questions about the company, I was hustled into signing a contract to have the company list my house for sale by owner. The broker really pressured me to sign the contracts and unfortunately I felt very harassed and did so. Before I knew it, I had written out a check for their services.

Two days have passed and I know it was a mistake to sign on with them. They haven't actually listed the home yet on MLS nor done anything as written in the contract about their obligations but when I was reviewing the contract it also stated (in very small print) that the fee is non-refundable and there is no pro-rating of the charges.

Is there anything I can do do get out of this contract? Please help! I am really not ready to sell my home much less for sale by owner....

JETX

vang0143 said:
Is there anything I can do do get out of this contract?
Probably not.
However, to answer your question we will have to actually READ the contract. Please hold it up to the screen and leave it there (you might tape it in place). I will read it when I get back to your issue.

seniorjudge

vang0143 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I was talked into listing my home with for sale by owner company. When I went in for an office visit to ask more questions about the company, I was hustled into signing a contract to have the company list my house for sale by owner. The broker really pressured me to sign the contracts and unfortunately I felt very harassed and did so. Before I knew it, I had written out a check for their services.

Two days have passed and I know it was a mistake to sign on with them. They haven't actually listed the home yet on MLS nor done anything as written in the contract about their obligations but when I was reviewing the contract it also stated (in very small print) that the fee is non-refundable and there is no pro-rating of the charges.

Is there anything I can do do get out of this contract? Please help! I am really not ready to sell my home much less for sale by owner....

Explain how it was that you were "forced" into signing all this?

Was a guy named Vinnie there with a baseball bat?

Facts and details, please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">