• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC Divorce or Death of Managing Member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drea15ss

What is the name of your state? NC

My husband and I have an LLC that is a construction company operating under his GC license. We are both managing members of the LLC

My questions are

1. In case of a divorce, will the LLC disolve and the funds be dispersed 50/50? and if not what type of filing needs to be done so that I can be sure assests will be split 50/50 upon divorce?

2. In case of death of a manager, can the deceased leave a will stating that their portion of the assests be left to another person? i.e. a Daughter? Or does the LLC dissolve with the remaining assets dispersed to the managing members? What steps need to be taken to prevent a manager from leaving their portion of the assets to another individual?

Please do not tell me to contact a Lawyer, I already know that is my best option for getting my questions answered. I am just interested in your experienced feedback. Thanks for your input

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">