• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any recourse - breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

8980miller

What is the name of your state? Wyoming
My sister-in-law bought a mobile home. She put $500 down on it and took out a loan for the balance. The vendor said it would be delivered on 9-27-05; since that time, he has come up with numerous excuses as to why it's not delivered; i.e.; it's too windy, too wet, only one person can do it and he's busy, etc... She has not had to make any payments on the loan. I called and told him it needed to be delivered no later than Friday or we would pursue legal action. He wouldn't take any responsibility and said he wasn't to blame, it was because there was only one mover in the whole state of Wyoming.
Question: Is there any recourse we can take other than threatening legal action? Breach of Contract encompasses situation when things aren't done in a timely manner - do we have any ammunition? Thanks for any help you can office!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">