• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cosigning for a vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heartofmusiqq

What is the name of your state? Texas

I cosigned for a vehicle for someone who is now my ex-fiance. Although, I know how critical of a decision it to cosign I went against my will of doing so for this person. Her and I are no longer together and she has already been 31 days late which means it has been reported to the credit bureau. Do I have a right to take possession of the vehicle or does it have to get reported to the credit agency more than once. As far as the contract is concerned my name is shown under the buyer and hers as the cobuyer. I wouldn't mind if she kept the vehicle as long as she was timely with payments but she is approaching being 31days late again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">