• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking Ex Wife To Court Over Lawyer Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angieshue

What is the name of your state? MO

My husband's ex wife was ordered to pay our attorney fees in a modification case, but yet, has of course not offered to pay, and so, we were wondering if this is something you can take to small claims? We have an order signed by a judge telling her she has to pay.

JETX

angieshue said:
My husband's ex wife was ordered to pay our attorney fees in a modification case, but yet, has of course not offered to pay, and so, we were wondering if this is something you can take to small claims? We have an order signed by a judge telling her she has to pay.
Curious... there is nothing in your post about your ASKING her to pay you and what her response was.

seniorjudge

angieshue said:
What is the name of your state? MO

File a motion to hold her in contempt of the judgment from the original lawsuit.

seniorjudge

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

So, are you saying that the OP, "angieshue," wasn't telling the truth, or at least, all the pertinent truth?

IAAL
Really, IAAL...that NEVER happens on this forum! :D

BlondiePB

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

So, are you saying that the OP, "angieshue," wasn't telling the truth, or at least, all the pertinent truth?

IAAL
Not all the pertinent truth, IAAL. She has a lot of threads.

BlondiePB

seniorjudge said:
Then the chances of getting any dough are slim to none.
Ah, but all the OP needs is the name of the ex-wife's grandfather, which is probably the maternal grandfather. This is also about past child support that is owed. There is a testamentary trust set up for the incarcerated ex-wife.

I already told the OP how to follow the money months ago and obtain a court order for release of the money. She just needs the name of the deceased. Without that name, yes, the chances will be slim to none of getting the money.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BlondiePB said:
Not all the pertinent truth, IAAL. She has a lot of threads.

My response:

So, if this skanky bitch doesn't tell the whole truth, with all the necessary details, why does she even bother posting? What does she hope to gain by receiving unusable and inaccurate responses?

Isn't that what skank bitches do?

IAAL

BlondiePB

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

So, if this skanky bitch doesn't tell the whole truth, with all the necessary details, why does she even bother posting? What does she hope to gain by receiving unusable and inaccurate responses?

Isn't that what skank bitches do?

IAAL
Don't know why they do what they do. They just end up getting skunked.

angieshue

MO step mom angry at system and people calling me names on this forum.

I really appreciate the civil answers I received from intelligent folks with genuine concerns for law abiding citizens who are trying to raise children WITHOUT the child support ordered by the courts for their mother to pay, along with thousands in lawyer fees, whom receives a large inheritance from her dead grandfather, and has thousands to help out with her own children, but refuses, and takes her ex husband, my husband now, to court for unsupervised visits on children she left alone, went out drunk, got not 1, but 3 or 4 DWI's, the last resulting in an accident, hurt someone, and then went to jail for, but now, when I ask questions about how to get the money, you jerks call me a skanky B---- for asking. Wake up, obviously, you have NEVER had a situation like this come about, so don't judge me unless you know the WHOLE situation. I love her children like my own, but we need the money she owes to us to provide the type of life they deserve, and she has it, we just need guidance from intelligent, caring people, NOT what you have been. Thanks ever so much for your cruel, ever so childish comments.

BlondiePB

angieshue said:
I really appreciate the civil answers I received from intelligent folks with genuine concerns for law abiding citizens who are trying to raise children WITHOUT the child support ordered by the courts for their mother to pay, along with thousands in lawyer fees, whom receives a large inheritance from her dead grandfather, and has thousands to help out with her own children, but refuses, and takes her ex husband, my husband now, to court for unsupervised visits on children she left alone, went out drunk, got not 1, but 3 or 4 DWI's, the last resulting in an accident, hurt someone, and then went to jail for, but now, when I ask questions about how to get the money, you jerks call me a skanky B---- for asking. Wake up, obviously, you have NEVER had a situation like this come about, so don't judge me unless you know the WHOLE situation. I love her children like my own, but we need the money she owes to us to provide the type of life they deserve, and she has it, we just need guidance from intelligent, caring people, NOT what you have been. Thanks ever so much for your cruel, ever so childish comments.
Please point out where Jetx, seniorjudge, and I called you a skanky b----. IAAL was absolutely correct about not providing all the RELEVANT facts of a situation and obtaining information that you CANNOT use. Doing so is a waste of time to those who volunteer their time here helping others.

I did have a few other ideas that could have helped you. Given your attitude and falsely accusing me of calling you any name, you can forget it.

seniorjudge

BlondiePB said:
Please point out where Jetx, seniorjudge, and I called you a skanky b----. IAAL was absolutely correct about not providing all the RELEVANT facts of a situation and obtaining information that you CANNOT use. Doing so is a waste of time to those who volunteer their time here helping others.

I did have a few other ideas that could have helped you. Given your attitude and falsely accusing me of calling you any name, you can forget it.
Yep, OP, BlondiePB is right.

You hide facts, we lose interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">